Active patientship at the GPTC
25 May 2019
December 2018 saw the half-year anniversary of the UMCG Proton Therapy Center. A perfect moment to ask our patients about how they experienced our medical care. What went well, and what could perhaps be improved? Active patientship helps us to improve our care even further. Continue reading »
ESTRO Particle Course in Groningen
25 April 2019
On March 18-22, the ESTRO Particle Therapy Course (European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology) was held at the UMCG, co-organized by the Department of Radiation Oncology. Continue reading »
Inaugural speech professor Stefan Both
23 April 2019
As of 1 September 2017, Stefan Both has been appointed professor of medical physics at the UMCG. He is the first professor in the Netherlands with a chair in proton therapy. On 5 February 2019, he held his inaugural speech. “My aim is to align technological developments with the needs of the clinic. This way, we can offer patients the best possible care. Continue reading »
- 23 April 2019 More places to stay for families
- 2 April 2019 First 'Flash' irradiation delivered in a clinical proton...
- 1 April 2019 Donal Hollywood award for stem cell sparing IMRT
- 19 March 2019 Emmanuel van der Schueren award for Hans Langendijk
- 28 February 2019 KVI-CART researchers aim for real-time proton therapy
- 20 February 2019 Referral of breast cancer patients to proton therapy is...
- 20 December 2018 Dutch Cancer Society subsidizes two proton therapy...
- 21 November 2018 ESTRO Particle Therapy Course in Groningen
- 15 October 2018 Fish-tank meetings for quality control
- 15 October 2018 Patient satisfaction at the GPTC